Since 2015, the Stanley Ponder Memorial Cup Tournament has raised over $17,000 for various charitable causes, including the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Be The Match Foundation. It’s an all-day inline hockey tournament and participant raffle, with a 50/50 raffle and many hockey-related and non hockey-related items.
- Consists of 5 teams, 45 players, with a fantasy draft-style selection before the tournament. Sign-ups can be located on this page.
- $50 per player to participate
- There are 10 round-robin games and three playoff games. One team will not qualify for the playoffs.
- The champion team receives the highly coveted Stanley Ponder Memorial Cup.
- Games are tournament style, 30 minutes each (running time).
- Two officials and a scorekeeper are present for every game.
- Local companies can donate to the raffle, with all proceeds going to the aforementioned charities.
- Tickets are sold at the event for $1 each or 6 tickets for $5.
- Prizes in the past have included Blues jerseys, Blues and Cardinals tickets, signed hockey sticks, barbecue pits, DJ services, authentic St. Louis artist paintings and various other items.
- If you would like to donate or help with the raffle, please contact Jeff Ponder at email@example.com.
Other Ways to Help
- Paid position
- Must remain in scorekeepers box during games
- Able to split duties with 1 or 2 others. However, the budget will not change for the position
- Paid position
- 2 or 3 referees preferred
- Budget will be flexible with how many referees participate
- Referees are encouraged to read the tournament rules before accepting the position
- Raffle help / general tournament overseers
- Unpaid position
- Collect money for raffles, distribute tickets, ensure the tournament scoreboard is updated with final game scores, announce raffle winners, assist with bartender (if needed).
- Unlimited number of participants
If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact Jeff Ponder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secure a spot in the tournament! Check out the Play in the Tournament page to figure out how.